Please watch the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPVwgnp3dAc (video runs 3:24, opens in new tab)
before completing the discussion posting below.
Now that you have explored minority health issues/determinants throughout this module, in a post of a minimum of 150 words, reflect on the importance of cultural sensitivity and cultural competence for optimal health and human services outcomes in minority populations. Example: How do elements such as language, customs, dietary habits, cultural beliefs about health care/providers, etc. play a part in optimal outcomes?
Remember that quoted material is not allowed in the HSA Program. However, you must cite and reference all paraphrased material.
Read the Discussion 6-2 Prompt (opens in new tab) and then discuss with your classmates to apply what you have learned in this module.
- To avoid point loss, carefully follow all assignment instructions and rubric guidelines
- Review this Discussion Sample to get a better sense of what is expected of your discussion content and participation
- Complete your original post before 11:59 p.m. Thursday, EST
- Complete at least 2 peer replies before 11:59 p.m. Sunday, EST
- Note that responses to instructor comments do not count toward the minimum number of peer replies
- Provide properly formatted citations/references for all source material (see HSA Style Guide)
- Do not use any quoted or copied material.
Important Note: Before posting, review the guidelines for Discussion Forums (opens in new tab) so that you will understand what is expected in discussions throughout the course. Also, review the rubrics for discussion forums (opens in new tab) for an understanding of how discussion forums will be graded in this course. NOTE: you are NOT required to turn the discussion forum rubric in each week