Music appreciation weekly discussions W3 Forum Requirements: Assume that as a music reporter for a newspaper, you have the opportunity to interview a Baroque composer for an article you are writing. C
We can write your essays! Let our essay writing experts help you get that A in your next essay. Place your order today, and you will enjoy it. No plagiarism.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
W3 Forum Requirements:
Assume that as a music reporter for a newspaper, you have the opportunity to interview a Baroque composer for an article you are writing.
- Choose a composer from the Baroque period.
- Name the composer in your post.
- Listen to two compositions written by that composer. Name the compositions in your post. (Note: You may choose a composer not discussed in this week’s reading.)
List five questions you would ask and what you think the composer’s answers would be. (Three questions should be related to music.) Include a link to an example of that composer’s music in your response. Include a thoughtful subject line that reflects your main points.
W4 Forum Requirements:
For the Week 4 Discussion, a word cloud featuring terms relating to the Enlightenment and Classical music is used.
- Complete the Week 4 reading and listening, which includes Chapter 4 “The Classical Era” in the course text and the Week 4 Content.
- Choose an example from the listening list below.
- Listen carefully to your selection.
- Using at least 10 words from the Classical Music word cloud, describe specific elements that relate to your musical selection. Note that the following words do not count towards the 10-word requirement: music, musical, composer/s and Classical. Write in complete sentences. The ten terms need to be used in a way that relates to music and/or culture in the Classical era. Initial posts are to be a minimum of 250 words.
- Bold or highlight the ten words in your answer chosen from the Classical Music word cloud.
- Post your completed answer to the WK4 Discussion.
Mozart, “Piano Sonata No. 11 in A major, third movement”
Mozart, “Piano Concerto No. 21 in C major, K. 467”
Mozart, “Symphony No. 40 in G minor, K. 550, fourth movement”
Mozart, “Der Hölle Rach” from act 2 of The Magic Flute
Mozart, “The Marriage of Figaro, Overture”
Haydn, “String Quartet No. 62 in C major”
Haydn, “String Quartet No. 53 in D major, Op. 64, No. 5” (“The Lark”)
Haydn, “Symphony No. 94 in G major” (“The Surprise Symphony”)
Haydn, “Trumpet Concerto in E-flat major”
Beethoven, “Piano Concerto No. 4 in G major, Op. 58, second & third movement”
Beethoven, “Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op.67, Allegro con Brio”
Beethoven, “String Quartet No. 6 in B-flat major”
W5 Forum Requirements:
Choose three composers from the Romantic Era. Pretend they all had an opportunity to meet, perhaps at a party. What do you think they might say to one another about music and culture? Construct the conversation as you imagine it, although be sure the conversation reflects specific information from the lives and music of your chosen composers.
W6 Forum Requirements:
Please complete both parts:
1. Many composers kept diaries during their lives. Choose a composer from the twentieth (or twenty-first) century and an important event from that composer’s life. Consider how this event relates to the music the composer wrote. Write a diary entry related to that event in 1st person voice, as if the composer wrote it (Your choice should not be in the Jazz, blues, pop, rock, rap, or other popular music genres.). Provide a link to a sound file or YouTube video of the composer’s music, to help classmates become more familiar with this individual’s work. In the subject line for your post, include the composer’s name. List any websites or other sources you used to write your post at the bottom of the post.
2. What is your personal reaction/response to this composer and/or the music we have studied so far in class? How does learning about music apply to your life and/or past experiences?
W7 Forum Requirements:
American jazz served as the foundation for rock and roll music. American jazz is explored in the discussion this week.
Select one jazz composer that is not covered in the course text. (These are some in the text: Scott Joplin, Sippie Wallace, Original Dixieland Jazz Band, Louis Armstrong, and Jelly Roll Morton.) Write the post from the perspective of the chosen composer. Discuss the style of his or her music. Explain how this composer influenced the development of jazz. Also show how his or her contributions have impacted popular American music.
Write from the composer’s perspective–using first person voice. Do not just include a biography of the composer. The focus is to be on the style of music, contributions to the evolution of jazz music, and the impact this composer’s music has had on popular American music. Include a YouTube link featuring a performance of the composer’s music. Write in your own words. Cite all sources/provide links to your source
Everyone needs a little help with academic work from time to time. Hire the best essay writing professionals working for us today!
Get a 15% discount for your first order
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper