300-400 WORDS WITH REFERENCES AND NO PLAGARISM.
***IF YOU CANNOT DO ORGINAL WORK THEN PLEASE PLEASE DONT SEND A HANDSHAKE****
Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- It is important to understand the difference between discrete and continuous random variables because the statistical analysis of each type of variable is different.
- In your own words, discuss the differences between discrete and continuous random variables, and provide a real-world example of each type of random variable.
- Perform the following experiment:
- Roll a die 20 times, and record the results of each event in Excel. (Note: If you do not have an actual die, you can find a virtual die-rolling program located at the following Web site: http://www.random.org/dice
- Construct a bar graph and probability distribution of your experiment. Attach your results to your Discussion Board posting.
- Interpret the results of this experiment, answering the following questions:
- What are the random variables for your experiment? Explain the meaning of your random variables.
- Do you believe that the results of your experiment are discrete or continuous? Explain.
- Is your experiment a probability distribution? In other words, are all conditions of a probability distribution satisfied? Explain.
- Is your experiment a binomial probability distribution? Explain if all conditions are met or not.