In this discussion, you are assigned two rational expressions to work on. Remember to factor all polynomials completely. Read the following instructions in order and view the example to complete this discussion. Please find the two rational expressions assigned to you in the table below.
|If the first letter of your first name||Your first rational expression is||Your second rational expression is|
|A or L|
|B or K|
|C or J|
|D or I|
|E or H|
|F or G|
|M or Z|
|N or Y|
|O or X|
|P or W|
|Q or V|
|R or U|
|S or T|
- Explain in your own words what the meaning of domain is. Also, explain why a denominator cannot be zero.
- Find the domain for each of your two rational expressions.
- Write the domain of each rational expression in set notation (as demonstrated in the example).
- Do both of your rational expressions have excluded values in their domains? If yes, explain why they are to be excluded from the domains. If no, explain why no exclusions are necessary.
- Incorporate the following five math vocabulary words into your discussion. Use bold font to emphasize the words in your writing (Do not write definitions for the words; use them appropriately in sentences describing your math work.):
- Excluded value
- Real numbers
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7. Is their work for similar to your own? Did they factor and cancel correctly? Are their answers in lowest terms?