Public administration theory
Your choice of questions for Theory. Answer Two questions.
choose 2 of them and write a complet answer
- Max Weber defined bureaucracy by six characteristics. Evaluate the bureaucratic environment in Flint from the point of view of Weber.
Discuss the following:
- Hierarchy of Command
- Rules and Regulation of management
- Division of labor and work specialization by department
- The nature of impersonal relationships in the various agencies.
- The competence of the employees enrolled in the case.
- Comment on the formal rules, regulations, procedures, and decisions by the various organizations and agencies.
- Discuss Theory X and Theory Y with respect to Flint, Michigan.
- Which of the two theories is more plausible and why given the information.
- Is Flint, Michigan a “Wicked Problem” according to Rittel & Webber?
- What safeguards would you propose to prevent or minimize the inefficiencies or failures of bureaucracy? (Note: you may use the definitions of Woodrow Wilson, Max Weber or any other major theorist of Public Administration.)