This assignment has two parts:
- Hands-on lab
- Course project
Part I—Hands-on Lab
For the hands-on lab, you will submit a Microsoft Access database and a Microsoft Word document with SQL statements for the following:
- Create a new Microsoft Access database named Travel. Note that Microsoft Access does not support the use of SQL scripts to create databases. In Microsoft Word, type the SQL script that you would have used to create the database.
- Now, add a table named Car_Rental to the Travel database. Make sure that you include the Car_Rental_ID field whose datatype is AutoNumber. In Microsoft Word, type the SQL script that you would have used to create the table. Include the following fields:
- Car_Rental_ID (AutoNumber, primary key, required)
- Agency (Text(25), required)
- Size (Text(25), required)
- Make (Text(12), required)
- Model (Text(25))
- Daily_Cost (Currency)
- Write INSERT statements for adding the following data to the new table:
- Verify the values inserted by using a query.
- Display each distinct agency (each agency only once).
- Display the average cost of a Chrysler rental.
- Display the total count of cars available.
- Display the highest-priced vehicle.
- Display each unique agency with the average car price for that agency.
Part II—Course Project
Course Project Part 4—Creating a Database
Continuing with the project you worked on for Weeks 1, 2 and 3, this week, complete the following tasks:
- In Microsoft Access, create the database and tables that you identified in W3 Assignment 2. In Microsoft Word, write the SQL statements to create the database and tables.
- Write SQL statements to populate the tables. Run the SQL statements in Microsoft Access for populating the tables.
After you complete the lab and course project, collate the information from both in a 3- to 4-page report in a Microsoft Word document. Include the SQL scripts in the Microsoft Word document. Include the Travel database as a separate attachment.
Name your document SU_ITS3102_W4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Name the Travel database SU_ITS3102_W4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial_Travel.accdb.
Submit your document and the Travel database to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.