Read through one of the four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John
- The Gospel
- Approximate date of writing
- The tone
- Key characteristics
Choose a passage that features key teachings, parables, miracles or other stories. Answer the following questions about your selection:
- What is the passage about? What is the context (what is happening before and after)?
- What does this passage reveal about Jesus and his teachings?
- How might this passage be applied to our everyday experience?
Answer the following
- What key learning have you taken away from the reading of the Gospel?
- How has the reading of this Gospel impacted your understanding of who Jesus is?
- Please provide specific examples for your answers.
your paper should have at least four reputable sources including the Bible. Please be sure to cite the specific version of the Bible. Please be sure to use reputable and scholarly sources. Links to Blogs, Vlogs, Wikipedia or “.org”, “.net” or “.com” websites are not considered reputable as these can have biases. Search for “.edu” or scientific or biblical archeological publications. Biblical scholars will often have differing opinions and interpretations on passages. Just be sure to back up your claims. All sources should be acknowledged, both within the paper and on a Works Cited page at the end. You may use any citation system as long as it is used accurately and consistently. Among the many scholarly resources available online is Bible Odyssey: http://bibleodyssey.orgLinks to an external site.. You are encouraged to consult this site for questions you may have about particular books of the Bible or methods of biblical scholarship. Here is another example of reputable biblical resources for your research from Oxford University Press: http://www.oxfordbiblicalstudies.com/resource/InternetResources.xhtmlLinks to an external site.
- The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
- The paper is to be 4-6 pages in length, current APA style, excluding the title and reference pages.
- Incorporate a minimum of 4 four reputable sources including the Bible within your work.