In this assignment, begin by taking a retrospective look at your life
history, to discuss which aspects of your personality have remained consistent
and which aspects of your personality have changed over time. Then, analyze the
roles of nature and nurture in shaping your personality. Subsequently, discuss
possible sources of inaccuracy and bias in any retrospective analysis. Finally,
discuss the reasons why systematic scientific studies are considered more
valuable than individual accounts.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Reflect on your life history and discuss which aspects of your personality
have changed over time and which aspects have stayed consistent.
- Based on your retrospective analysis, describe the roles of nature and
nurture in shaping your personality. Reflect on your justification for
distinguishing between nature and nurture.
- Discuss the possible sources of bias and inaccuracy whenever a person looks
back on their past history. Be sure to discuss factors related to memory and
factors related to cognition.
- Describe why the science of psychology places more emphasis on results based
on scientific studies than it does on personal experience and
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format.
Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- To keep this essay short and manageable, your only sources for your paper
should be your own experience and the Webtext. For this reason, APA citations
and references are not required for this assignment.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required page length.