Use the Internet to research one (1) publicly traded company and review its
last annual report. Use an investor’s view to perform financial analysis and
discuss various non-financial factors impacting investment decision.
Write a two to three
(2-3) page paper in which you:
- From an investor’s view, review the last annual report
for chosen company. Use financial analysis tools of liquidity,
profitability, and solvency to evaluate the company’s performance and
reasons for investing or not investing. Include the company’s ranking in
the industry, and its major competitors.
- From an investor’s views, discuss at least three (3)
non-financial factors that suggest investing in this company. These may
include environmental responsibility (sustainability), corporate
governance, etc. Explain the main reasons why these are important to an
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in
this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do
not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must
follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font
(size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references
must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for
any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course
learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze and interpret financial statements.
- Evaluate management control systems and examine their
relationship with accounting and planning, including feedback and
non-ﬁnancial performance measurements.
- Use technology and information resources to research
issues in financial accounting for managers.
- Write clearly and concisely about financial accounting
using proper writing mechanics.