Right to counsel (U.S. Const. amend. VI) (Outline)
For this assignment, you will construct a comprehensive OUTLINE:
MY CHOOSEN ISSUE IS: Right to counsel (U.S. Const. amend. VI)
Detail the history of the Supreme Court from 1953 to the present day as it relates to one of the specific issues listed below. Evaluate the terms of the Warren Court (1953-1969), the Burger Court (1969-1986), the Rehnquist Court (1986-2005), and the current Roberts Court (2005-present) to your chosen issue, listed above.
Examine the political philosophies of each court, and indicate significant changes in the law concerning your chosen issue that was witnessed through each court’s era. Then, examine the current makeup of the U.S. Supreme Court and modern trends in constitutional law and criminal procedure. Based on current trends, discuss whether or not you believe the criminal justice process will fundamentally change or remain the same in the foreseeable future for your chosen above.
Final Paper Outline
For this assignment, you will construct a comprehensive outline for the Final Paper.
Your outline must
- Be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style
- Detail your chosen issue to be addressed in your Final Paper.
- Provide a brief history of the U.S. Supreme Court’s philosophy of your chosen issue.
- Detail your preliminary conclusion about the future of this issue in light of the current makeup of the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course text, two of which must be from the Ashford University Library.
- Document all sources in APA style