Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
One of the most important ways to understand people is to get a sense of their self-concept. Self-concept refers to how people perceive themselves; it is a combination of your self-awareness and self-esteem. Self-concept often will dictate how an individual interpersonally communicates.
Consider the following scenario:
You are advising new students. Your goal is to have your students be self-confident and well-adjusted. To help encourage the development of these qualities, you decide that you are going to create a one-page resource that provides an overview of self-concept. Within this discussion, please provide information on the key points that you would discuss within this resource.
- Summarize the situation:
- What is self-concept? Name all parts.
- What are some of the dangers of negative self-concept?
- What are some benefits of positive self-concept?
- Explain the following:
- How can someone improve his/her self-concept?
- Use sources:
- Use at least 1 source to support your ideas
- Cite this source at the end of your discussion post