Standardized Vocabulary Case Study
Clinical information systems including the electronic medical records are sometimes characterized by describing their inputs and outputs. To ensure interoperability the use of a controlled vocabulary is necessary so that the data entered into the electronic medical record can be transmitted between health information systems. Read the case study in Chapter 12 on pages 266 of your Health Informatics: A Systems Perspective text and address the following:
- Identify the problem that needs to be addressed.
- Recommend a solution to the problem. Why do you feel your proposed solution is correct?
- Identify and describe the national or international standards would you use as part of your solution.
- Explain the importance of interoperability to Carol’s perspective.
- Must be one to two double-spaced pages in length, excluding title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources, excluding the textbook.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph and end with a conclusion
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.