In this assignment you need to identify a past or current United States Supreme Court justice (do not select Justice Roberts, Alito, or Sotomayor or Kagan) and research and discuss his/her life and career and their impact on criminal procedure/ criminal justice. You will need outside research on this paper.
- Introduction – identify the justice you selected and why you selected them and discuss your research methods;
- Life history of the justice, including educational background, experience prior to becoming a judge, etc
- Discussion of his/her tenure on the court, including a discussion of at least five majority opinions that he or she authored,
- A discussion/analysis of the judicial philosophy of the justice (eg liberal or conservative, activist or restraint, etc).
- A discussion/analysis of the impact of the justice on criminal procedure.
- A conclusion.
A suggested length is 18-28 paragraphs. This paper should be double-spaced in a 10- to12-point font.
Style: This paper should display a high level of professionalism. I will consider your writing and research quality. Do not simply copy and paste from research that you locate.
References: You should attribute your research (author or title similar to Assignments 1-2) throughout the paper and in a reference page (including author, title and publication). At least 8 outside research sources are expected. An outside research source is something besides our textbook or a textbook used in another course. Do not cite Wikipedia or textbooks from other college classes as sources.