This assignment will be turned in using TURNIT-IN
In your final project, you have the opportunity to convince an audience or market your critical thinking strategy for your chosen challenge or hardship with a PowerPoint presentation. If it is a very personal issue, think of marketing as persuasion and imagine convincing an audience (a partner, loved one, friend, neighbor, etc.) of your solution, using the most compelling argument or marketing technique. This assignment gives you the opportunity to pull together some of the key elements from parts 1-3 of your ongoing project, but condense these lessons in a concise, compelling, and marketable way, avoiding the common pitfalls of advertising:
For each slide, you will employ influential graphics, as well as utilize persuasive, valid, and strong arguments. Each number represents each of the ten slides you will complete:
- Identify the best strategy for tackling your challenge in one simple argument (inductive or deductive). (From week 6)
- Identify the reason why this is the best strategy for your given hardship or challenge (compared to other strategies). (From weeks 1-6)
- Effectively employ statistics to support your argument. (From week 8)
- Effectively utilize a poll to support your argument. (From week 8)
- Identify at least 3 characteristics of a good critical thinker to help you overcome your hardship. (From week 2)
- Identify at least 3 of the more common barriers that most apply to you and how to best overcome them. (From week 2)
- Address the role of emotion in your approach to your hardship, identifying both negative and positive emotions and their impact on your strategy. (From week 2)
- Address whether faith or spirituality plays any role in your strategy, and how its presence, or lack of it, is key to your success. (From week 2)
- Identify two critical-thinking strategies you could use to correct for this cognitive error. (From week 4)
- Identify three of the most effective strategies for avoiding these fallacies, and how they will help with your successful implementation of your strategy. (From week 4)
- Your final slide should be APA formatted references.
Please read Highlights: Questions to Consider in Evaluating Advertisements. This assignment aligns with module outcome 3.
This course uses the American Psychological Association (APA) format for scholarly writing.