This is the first of a series of five sequential assignments (the course project) in which you will act as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of a hypothetical, e-commerce start-up company of your design. A venture capital group has funded this innovative start-up.The CEO has given you 60 days to deliver an information technology project plan in anticipation of the company relocating to a new facility. Since this is a start-up company, currently no building or technology infrastructure exists to support the business. All information technology (hardware and software) must be implemented in a hosted solution, an on-site solution, or a hybrid model. The CEO expects you to integrate different technologies from a variety of partners and incorporate industry best practices to develop the company’s technological systems.
Additional background on the hypothetical companyCompany InformationCurrent StatusGrowth Projections (over next two years)Facility TypeNew facility is a two-story standalone building–Number of Employees1030Revenue$5 million$30 million
Part 1: Project Plan InceptionYou will write a 5–7-page document outlining the project specifics, such as company background information, company business, and an overview of the company’s information systems infrastructure.Part 2: Supporting Gantt ChartYou will use Microsoft Project to create a Gantt chart for your e-commerce company project.Note:
- You are to create or assume all necessary assumptions to successfully complete this assignment.
- You must submit both parts as separate files to the assignment area. Label each file name according to the appropriate part.
InstructionsPart 1: Project Plan InceptionIn a 5–7-page project plan inception document, you are to:
Develop your hypothetical e-commerce company’s background information.
Refer to this article: Top 10 Largest Ecommerce Companies in the US in 2020, when developing your company’s background information.
- This article outlines the major types of e-commerce companies in existence. Use this as a guide when deciding what background information to include about your hypothetical e-commerce company in your project plan inception document.
- Refer to this article: Top 10 Largest Ecommerce Companies in the US in 2020, when developing your company’s background information.
- Document your chosen e-commerce company’s business type, customers, and demographic information.
- Describe the key elements of your e-commerce company’s information systems infrastructure.
- Develop a high-level block diagram of your e-commerce company’s information systems infrastructure.
Use three sources to support your writing.
- Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate.
- Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
- Access the library or review library guides for help with research, writing, and citation.
Part 2: Supporting Gantt ChartUse Microsoft Project to create a Gantt chart identifying the major and minor tasks, illustrating dependency relationships between activities.FormattingThis course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for the project plan inception portion of your assignment to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
Learning OutcomesThe specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create an initial information systems project plan for a new startup company.