Critical Thinking: Industry Analysis (105 points)
To prepare for this assignment, review Figures 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, and 3.5 from your textbook. Select a Middle Eastern company of your choosing and complete an Industry Analysis by answering the following questions.
- Analyze and predict industry profitability:
- How have structural changes created uncertainty and what is the outlook for profitability in the future?
- Apply and detail Porter’s 5 forces framework with a graphic representation (Figure 3.3) and written explanation for your selected company.
- Explain profitability differences to other industries (Chapter 3, Table 3.1) and then predict future profitably.
- Drawing industry boundaries:
- What industry is it in?
- Who is competing with whom?
- Are the boundaries of the industry clear‐cut?
- Implications for strategy:
- What strategies can companies adopt to reduce competitive pressure and improve industry profitability?
- Which strategies might work for your organization?
- Identifying Key Success Factors (KSFs):
- What are the KSFs of your company?
- How do customers choose between rival offerings?
- Examine the competition (Figure 3.6).
- Have your companies KSFs changed over time?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 6 to 7 pages in length, which does not include the required title and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles unless the assignment calls for more.
- It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the Turnitin Originality Check before submitting it to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment into the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check—Student Guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.