Topic 2: Climate and Culture in an Organization
School climate refers to the individual experiences and feelings that students, teachers, and staff have about the school, while school culture typically refers to the long-term physical and social environment, as well as the values or beliefs of the school shared across individuals and time. In Topic 2 of the Discussion Board, respond to the following questions:
- What is the mission statement of your organization?
- What does the mission statement say about your climate and culture?
- Identify the skills of an instructional leader for creating and supporting the climate and culture within your organization.
- What strategies would you use to address areas of strength and concern within the mission statement?
- “Climate is how people feel in the school, and culture is a deeper sense of how people act in the school.” Conclude your post by explaining how this quote applies to your organization and you, as an instructional leader.