United States History II
Write: Based on your textbook and the required article, address the following items:
- Explain at least three reasons for the rise of conservatism in the last part of the 20th century.
- Explain at least one way in which the rise of conservatism had a positive or negative impact for a specific group of Americans.
- Then, select an issue that you feel is important today. How does a knowledge of history help us gain a better understanding of this issue?
Write: This discussion forum is an opportunity for you to explore topics that interest you, share critical insights and questions that you are working with, share your struggles and triumphs, and discuss difficulties that may have arisen this week, hopefully finding solutions. Your initial post should describe your experiences in the course this past week, prompting further discussion. You should address at least two of the following questions:
- What struck you in particular as you explored the course materials this week?
- What insights have you had?
- What have you been struggling with?
- What questions have come up for you at this point?
- Do you have any helpful tips that you’ve picked up in this course or in a past course?
- Do you have questions about the assignment that your classmates might be able to help with? (If you have a question for the instructor, be sure to contact your instructor through email or in the Ask Your Instructor Forum).