Analyzing the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
One important social policy in the United States is the Americans with Disability Act (ADA). One of the major purposes of the Act is to encourage inclusion of individuals with disabilities in the employment sector. Please respond to the following questions:
- Research the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), and discuss the impact of the policy on inclusion of individuals with disabilities within the employment sector.
- Discuss the percentage of disabled persons employed in the US and compare that with the percentage of employment among nondisabled citizens.
- Do you believe the ADA has been helpful in creating equitable employment for individuals with disabilities within the United States? Why or why not?
- Next, using the internet and the Kaplan library, research disability policies and practices being used in at least one other country.
- Discuss the country or countries you have chosen and describe the disability policies utilized in that country.
- Do you feel that country (or countries) has been more or less successful than the United States in creating equitable employment for individuals with disabilities? Why or why not?
- List any specific recommendations you have for improvement in the US policy.