Please respond to EACH of the following discussion topics and submit them to the discussion forum as a single post. Your initial post should be 75-150 words in length.Then, make at least two thoughtful responses to your fellow studentsâ€™ posts. If you havenâ€™t recently, please review the Rules of Discussion.
The Questioning Toolkit identified 17 kinds of questions:
- Essential question
- Organizing question
- Elaborating question
- Divergent question
- Subsidiary question
- Probing question
- Unanswerable question
- Irrelevant question
- Hypothetical question
- Sorting and Sifting question
- Inventive question
- Telling question
- Clarification question
- Provocative question
- Planning question
- Strategic question
- Irreverent question
Think back to a previous learning experience (a class, a presentation, a training session, etc.) when the instructor or presenter asked for questions.
In your initial post this week, begin by briefly describing the situation.
- Where were you?
- What was the topic being covered?
Then, focus on the questions that were asked.
- What type of question did you find most helpful? Why? If you can remember, provide the question.
- What type of question did you find least helpful? Why? Once again, if you can remember the question, include it in your response.
- Now that you have looked more deeply at the different types of questions, what question would you have liked to ask or have asked to help you to better understand the topic? What type of question did you choose? Why?