Imagine you own Springfield Arms Apartments, a business that rents primarily to students. One evening, your tenant Sharon is attacked by an intruder who forces the lock on the sliding glass door of her ground-floor apartment. Sharon’s screams attract the attention of Darryl, your resident manager, who comes to Sharon’s aid. Together, Darryl and Sharon drive the intruder off, but not before they both are badly injured by the intruder.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you include the following:
- Explain whether or not the intruder is liable under tort law for his actions.
- Explain your legal duties and responsibilities to Sharon and Daryl.
- Differentiate among some of the potential torts that might arise in this business scenario.
- Discuss ways to prevent or mitigate the risk of the potential torts in this scenario.
- Discuss what, if any, ethical responsibilities you have to Sharon and Daryl.
Cite to our at least three scholarly references.