Chapter Three in the text presents several court cases to illustrate Workersâ€™ Compensation principles, including Blair v. Bendix Corporation and Director, OWCO v. Newport News Shipbuilding.
For each of these two cases, answer the following questions:
- Where did the case take place, and in what court?
- What were the key facts that led to the case?
- What role did the stateâ€™s Workers Compensation Board/Benefits Review Board play in the case?
- What was the final holding and disposition of the case?
- What was the employeeâ€™s position in the case?
- What impact did the case have on Workers Compensation law?
- Do you agree with the courtâ€™s holding? Was it fair to all parties?
Your assignment should be 2 pages in length APA format with references.