For this assignment, you will have a chance to put into practice all you have been learning throughout this course. You will analyze the personality development of one of the theorists studied in this course from three different theoretical perspectives.
Choose one of the theorists you have studied this term. Use your textbook, the Internet, and the Argosy University online library resources to research the life history of the theorist. Albert Bandura, Julian Rotter, Walter Mischel are the three theorists to choose from PLEASE.
Do the following:
- Describe the major life events of the theorist that you feel influenced his or her personality development.
- Describe the cultural influences that had an influence on the chosen theoristâ€™s personality development.
- Analyze this person from Freudâ€™s psychoanalytic perspective.
- Analyze this person from two other theoretical perspectives studied in this course, except for the trait perspective.
- Summarize and present your critical opinion about how well (or not) these theories explain the person.
Write a 5â€“7-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.doc.
By Monday, May 23, 2016, deliver your assignment to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox.
Course Project Grading Criteria and Rubric
Assignment 1 Grading Criteria
Description of influential life events that shaped the theoristâ€™s personality development.
(Course Objective [CO2])
Description of cultural influences on the theoristâ€™s development
Analysis of theorist using Freudâ€™s psychoanalytic perspective
Analysis of theorist from two other theoretical perspectives
Evaluates how well these theories explain the person
Usage and Mechanics (16)
APA Elements (24)