Throughout this capstone course, you will be investigating a patient, family, or population health problem relevant to your practice. For this assessment, you will identify the problem that you will address throughout your clinical practicum in this course, as well as begin to establish your evidence and research base to plan, implement, and share findings related to your project. The Problem Identification Template [DOC] will guide you through development of a problem statement, evidence collection and analysis, and best practices to help you create your implementation plan for the second assessment in this course.
Your submission for this assessment will be the completed template. When working through the template, you may use the resources provided in this course; however, most of your research and search for evidence will be conducted by you. Use the Capella University Library, professional organization and government resources, and relevant organizational best practices as sources of evidence. This is the capstone course for your BSN degree; your goal is to demonstrate your achievement of the program outcomes through your work on this project.
The following are some health issues that would be appropriate for your project:
- Diabetes self-management.
- Hypertension management and prevention.
- Medication reconciliation within a family or group.
- Parkinson’s disease support group.
- Patient family education communication improvements.
- Postoperative home care.
This list is by no means exhaustive. You should choose a patient, family, or population health issue that is relevant to your practice and organization; you must be able to study the problem in your clinical practicum effectively.
Your submission will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Define a patient, family, or population health problem and realistic goals relevant to personal practice.
- Analyze evidence from the literature and professional sources to define and guide nursing actions related to a health problem.
- Propose strategies to improve patient or population outcomes related to a health problem.
- Reflect on state board nursing practice standards relevant to an identified health problem.
- Communicate professionally, with writing that is clear, logically organized, and uses correct grammar, spelling, and APA style.