Final Paper will explain, compare, and contrast the major principles associated with classical conditioning, operant conditioning, and neobehaviorism. Include each element below in your explanation of each of the three theories:
- Describe the major principles associated with each theory.
- Explain the contributions of the major theorists who worked to develop each theory.
- Explain how each theory accounts for the mental processes associated with learning.
- Summarize how each theory makes use of prior experience in explaining how people learn.
- Describe how each theory explains how permanent change in behavior takes place.
- Apply each theory to a real-world learning environment (e.g., schools, treatment facilities, businesses, social activities).
Your Final Paper must be eight to ten pages in length, not including the title and references pages. Your work should demonstrate your understanding of the reading assignments, class discussions, and your own research, as well as illustrate the application of the learning theories to an educational learning environment.
You must utilize at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the past five years and are formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Visit the Ashford University Library databases to locate scholarly sources.
You will be evaluated on the quality of your analysis of the principles of learning, your ability to analyze and incorporate scholarly sources, the quality of the peer-reviewed sources chosen, your writing skills, and the appropriate use of APA style.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the past five years.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the
Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.