- Search the Internet and library, and provide at least 2 examples of how you could pursue legal action if an international business committed copyright infringements or stolen your patent.
- Can you think of how this would impact the manner in which U.S. businesses would conduct business in that foreign country?
Safe work environments, fair wages, abuse of child labor, and unfair treatment of workers are all topics that are unfortunately in the news all too often. Previously, these were problems or issues that were present in the United States. Fortunately, the legal system and regulations, for the most part, have made these issues a thing of the past. However, in many foreign countries, these problems still exist. Societies are bound to repeat their mistakes if they do not learn from the past. Therefore, research the Internet and the library for two countries where workers have experienced human rights violations or violations of labor laws.
- Search the Internet and the library, and select at least 2 countries where workers have experienced human rights violations or violations of labor laws.
- State your opinion as to the impact of conducting business with these countries and the ramifications of doing so.
- What should be the legal and ethical reaction of the business community for these types of violations?
- Compose your findings into an 900–1,200 Word document, and be sure to cite your sources.