Review the Harvard Family Research Project Storybook Corner. Read the overview regarding the Family Involvement Network Project and the Family Involvement Storybook Project. Read Tomasito’s Mother Comes To School and the accompanying activities. Choose a book from Harvard Family Research Project: Family Involvement Storybook Selections or from Reading is Fundamental: Multicultural Booklist to create a lesson to engage children and their families.
- Include a summary of the text itself, why you chose the book and what you hope to accomplish by using it with your students and their families.
- Create a family letter about your chosen story book and inviting families to attend school to take part in group activities related to the book.
- Create at least five (5) discussion questions to use with your students and their families.
- Create two (2) different activities that can be completed by families and their children in the classroom.
- Create one (1) activity that can be completed by the family at home.
- Create an evaluation form to solicit feedback from parents and students to assess the value of this program.