To complete the following assignment, go to this week’s Assignment link in the left navigation.
- Getting to Know the Law
Choose one of the assignment options below to complete this week’s assignment:
- Option One: Write a paper.
- Option Two: Create a PowerPoint using Jing.
- Option Three: Create video using Screencast.com or xtranormal.
Using any one of the options listed above,
- Identify the six key components of IDEA.
- Identify the five key components of NCLB with a specific focus on children with disabilities.
- Compare and contrast how both major laws are integrated to ensure overall academic gains and any major conflicts specific to students with disabilities.
- Explain at least five ways the laws were created to work together to ensure equal access to education for students with disabilities.
- Explain at least three specific differences between the two laws with an emphasis on benefitting students with disabilities.
- Must have a minimum of two additional scholarly, peer-reviewed sources in addition to the textbook.
- Must be three to four pages in length for a paper, at least ten slides for a PowerPoint presentation, or five to seven minutes long for a video.
- Must be properly formatted in APA style.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
I choose PowerPoint.