Three C programs have been posted above. (1) p3client.c is a TCP client, (2) p3server.c is a TCP server, and (3) forwarder.c is a combination of TCP client and server. Given forwarder.c is not working.
To compile the c programs, type “gcc â€“o p3client p3client.c”, “gcc â€“o p3server p3server.c”, and “gcc â€“o forwarder forwarder.c” in a terminal on Linux.
Modify â€œforwarder.câ€ as the following:
- p3server must start first and wait for a forwarder. Write C codes to establish a connection to p3server. For this connection, you must use TCP client. (50 Points)
- Once your forwarder is connected to p3server, a server in the forwarder will start (the related code was given). And then, p3client must start. If you type a word on p3client, p3client will send this word to the forwarder (the related code was given). Write C codes for the forwarder to send this word to p3server (50 points)
To run the programs on Linux, open three terminals, type ./server on the first terminal, ./forwarder on the second terminal and ./client on the third terminal.
- Please see the detailed examples on “file 1” posted above
- Do not modify p3client.c and p3server.c. The modified forwarder.c must be working with the given p3client.c and p3server.c
- Submission: your forwarder.c