Assignment Objective: The purpose of the paper is to allow students an opportunity to conduct real-world secondary research on global trade issues relevant to the role, function, and discipline of International Marketing.
Assignment 1 Topic: “Discuss how tariffs, quotas, and non-tariff barriers (NTBs) restrict international trade.”
1. Explain tariffs, quotas, and NTB’s. Explain how each restricts international trade. Cite at least one example for each.
2. Your discussion must also address potential reasons of why a government would proactively choose to restrict the import of foreign products.
3. Briefly discuss how preferential trade agreements (such as NAFTA, CAFTA and other agreements) encourage trade between nations, and discuss if any negative ramifications result from such trade agreements. Cite examples.
Be sure to address all the points in your paper
1) Research relevant sources from the library, e-library, databases etc. Confirm topical relevance and source authenticity. Questionable articles or sources should not be used. You must use minimum five unique references. Wikipedia, any kind of blogs, .edu, papers from other students, and quickmba.com will not be used as sources.
2) Address the assignment topic in your own words by providing your understanding of the issues, unique opinions, logic, and exhibiting critical thinking skills. The best papers will provide your own analytical insights into the topic and will be well articulated.
3) Paper should be 3-4 pages in length excluding title page and references. The paper must follow APA guidelines for formatting, citation and listing references.
Please note that all ideas from sources other than yours must be cited using APA guidelines. This includes not only direct quotes, but also paraphrasing.