Assignment: Creating a Job Posting
Human resource management (HRM) involves recruiting and hiring competent employees. A job analysis is performed to analyze the job workflow and identify the skills and behaviors necessary to perform the job. Then the job description and job specifications can be developed to recruit potential candidates. Apply what you have learned about performing a job analysis to create a job posting.
You have been hired as the manager of a newly implemented department and are tasked with hiring new employees. Create a job posting:
- Select a job title.
- Create a job description and the job specifications so that you will receive applications from qualified candidates to staff your new department.
- List a performance-simulation test that you would include to help with the selection process.
- List several recruiting sources used to recruit job applicants. How would you use these sources to draw meaningful applicants to the job posting?
- What communication strategies would you implement?
- Write your job posting in a one- to two-page MS Word document.
Be sure to follow these requirements in your work:
- Type your assignment in an MS Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Do not copy word for word from the textbook or any websites you visit.
- Times New Roman, 12pt Font, double spaced.