Working with the population for which you were approved in formulating the bibliography in Module 1, follow the general guidelines for your Victim Population Analysis paper outlined below.
Read the research literature related to your chosen victim population. Consider the specific aspects that you will cover in your final paper (i.e., trauma, demographics, interaction with criminal justice system, victims’ rights, assessment, evaluation, and treatment). Using the research literature and specifically empirical studies, write a 12- to 14-page paper addressing the following:
- Describe the theoretical and empirical knowledge about psychological trauma and the impact of victimization within this population.
- Identify and evaluate commonalities and differences in demographic variables and psychological profiles between subtypes of victims that may present in this population.
- Compare and contrast empirical research findings related to the assessment and evaluation of victims in this population.
- Compare and contrast empirical research findings related to treatment for victims in this population.
- Define and analyze the role and impact of the criminal justice system on victims within this population.
- Define and analyze the role and impact of past and current legal rights on victims within this population.
- Cite the references appropriately.
Your paper should rely upon scholarly resources from the professional literature. The literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, and .gov).