Assignment 1: Clinical and Forensic Evaluations
A forensic mental health professional must learn to distinguish between forensic psychological evaluations and traditional clinical psychological evaluations although there are some similarities between the two.
In a minimum of 300 words, identify at least one difference between the two types of evaluations (forensic psychological and traditional clinical psychological) in each of the following areas:
- Discussion of informed consent
- Testing and assessment
- Writing reports
- Addressing the referral question
- Providing opinions and recommendations
Support your responses by citing reputable source material used for this discussion in APA format.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts.
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||
|Quality of responses to classmates||
|Frequency of responses to classmates||
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||
|Language and grammar||