- Chapter 2 – Data Governance and IT Architecture Support Long-Term Performance.pptx (609.263 KB)
- Chapter 3 – Data Management, Big Data Analytics, and Records Management.pptx (1.124 MB)
ease read the following chapters that describe how information can be used strategically, which is the topic for this week’s paper:
- Chapter 2 – Data Governance and IT Architecture Support Long-Term Performance
- Chapter 3 – Data Management, Big Data Analytics, and Records Management
Please watch the following videos on Michael Porter’s Five Forces model:
- Video and article: What are ‘Porter’s 5 Forces’ explains Michael Porter’s five forces model.
- Video: The Five Competitive Forces That Shape Strategy – Michael Porter discusses his five forces model that is used to describe industry dynamics, which are important to consider in strategic approaches.
Please watch this video: How Does Google Make Money? This video explains how Google uses information to make money. Google collects information from websites and adds it to its search engine. You type information into Google search and Gmail, and Google stores that information about you. Android devices send information to Google that is used to determine traffic patterns for Google Maps and to send you ads for businesses based on your location. Although Google is a technology company, it makes money from information, as this video explains. In your paper for this week, you will explore how other companies use information strategically.
Chapter 1 and the videos above describe Porterâ€™s Five Competitive Forces model. Use the search term â€œinformation sharing in a supply chainâ€ to find 2 peer-reviewed articles from academic journals about the use of information in supply chains or value chains. Write a summary of each article and explain how the use of information in each article relates to Porterâ€™s Five Competitive Forces model. Discuss how information can be used strategically, based on the example(s) in the articles. Your paper should be in APA format and 3-4 pages, not counting the title page and reference pages. Make sure you have in-text citations and a reference page. The rubric for this assignment can be viewed when clicking on the assignment link.