- Connecting Your Learning
- Prepare a paper with 4â€“6 pages of content focused on the course competencies (1â€“1.5 pages per competency for competencies 1â€“4). This paper should showcase your learning proficiency and describe the importance of your learning relative to application in a career context.
- Address two key areas of learning for each competency.
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message. Use spell-check and grammar-check to check your work before submitting this assignment.
- Resources and citations: Format according to current edition APA guidelines.
- Page count: 4â€“6 pages plus title and references pages.
- Required number of references: One reference per competency for competencies 1â€“4.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 points.
- Turnitin: Submit your paper for grading after viewing your report and make any needed changes.
- Connecting Your Learning Scoring Guide.
- APA Style & Format.
- Criminal Justice Undergraduate Research Guide.
- Capella University Library.
- Writing Feedback Tool.
Throughout the course, you have learned about disaster response and management by describing the phases of the emergency management cycle, addressing disaster incidents through the application of an EOP, and summarizing emergency operations from an interagency perspective. For this final assignment, you will demonstrate your mastery of the course competencies.
Review the Connecting Your Learning scoring guide to ensure that you understand the criteria for this assignment.
This assignment should be placed in your ePortfolio for future reference and to demonstrate your learning connections for future employment purposes.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.