Purpose of Assignment
For this assignment, the student will identify and interview someone they know who is in a management role. This allows the student to integrate the experience of real world managers with their own insights into planning and strategy. The assignment also reinforces the importance of contingency planning.
Interview someone you know who is in a management role. This can be at your current place of employment or someone you know personally working in a managerial role.
Prepare a 1,050-word discussion of the interview:
- Discuss what you discovered about contingency planning.
- Discuss how creativity and critical thinking relate to contingency planning.
- Explain how you might integrate creativity into your own planning process.
- Discuss what you learned about creativity and its relationship to the decision-making process.
- Identify the key steps that might require a contingency plan.
Format the assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Purpose of Assignment
The Week 1 assignment allows students to explore a company that they are familiar with and relate this to their own experiences to determine the importance of the mission and vision of a business as well as the influence this may have on their own role. The assignment will also allow the student to explore the effects of a company not having a mission statement.
Resources: Week 1 textbook readings
Choose a company that has both a mission and vision statement. This should not be the same company you will choose for the assignments for Weeks 2-5.
Prepare a minimum 700-word summary in which you address the following:
- Identify the company’s mission statement.
- Identify the company’s vision statement.
- Explain what role these have on the way the business operates. Evaluate whether the company’s actions seem to align to their vision and mission statements.
- Examine how the mission and vision of the organization might affect or guide you as an employee or manager in the company.
- Analyze what you think would be the effect if the company did not have a mission statement.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.