Write a 6 page paper stating why you agree or disagree with the Defund Planned Parenthood Act (your thesis). In this paper you will need to explain the law, give arguments for and against the law, and provide evidence you gather from your individual research to back up these arguments, and in turn, your thesis. You must have a minimum of 5 scholarly sources (DO NOT USE WIKIPEDIA OR ANSWERS.COM, see below for a list of accepted websites). Follow the outline below:
Introduction (1 page long):
– Introduce the general topic and legislation of the paper: establish the importance and relevance of this topic, then introduce the legislation that addresses this general topic.
– Thesis statement: state your opinion about whether you agree or disagree with this legislation and provide 2 arguments as to why you hold your viewpoint.
-Overview of the paper: provide a brief summary of what the paper will address in an orderly manner.
Brief Explanation of Law (1 page long):
– Explain your purpose or intent of the legislation: what does the legislation do or attempt to accomplish? Consider using quotes from the bill/law to help highlight what it does.
– Explain what stage/step the legislation is currently at in the process: Has it been passed, has it failed to pass, is it still in the process?
– Identify the active institution participants who support and reject the law: should be no more than 10 groups/individuals for those that support and oppose the legislation.
Argument Section (2 pages long):
– Thesis statement: restate the thesis that you provided in the intro to remind the reader where you stand on this legislation.
– Reasons/arguments: support your thesis with at least 2 supporting arguments. Convince the reader that your stand on this legislation is correct. Provide concrete details (constitutional, ethical/moral, statistics, etc.). Use both qualitative data and quantitative data.
Counter-Argument Section (1.5 pages long):
– Counter argument: state the opposing viewpoint.
– Reason/arguments: explain and discuss the argument for this opposing view. What evidence do opponents use to support their opinions?
– Rebuttal: explain why you think that the counter-argument is incorrect? Provide evidence to show the counter-arguments position is flawed.
Conclusion (0.5 page long):
– Briefly summarize what you wrote in your paper, restating your thesis and why you think your position is most convincing.
-Provide any final thoughts and implications about this legislation that make the paper feel complete.
Works Cited (separate page):
Provide a full source citation for any sources that you use in the paper (at least 5 scholarly sources found online) listed in alphabetical order. Ex: Name of Author. “Article Title.” Source Name. Date published. Date accessed. <intent URL>
Include the sections that are in bold to separate each section throughout the paper.
This paper is in MLA FORMAT and all sources should be cited in MLA format and SHOULD NOT BE LESS THAN 6 FULL PAGES! THIS PAPER WILL BE SUBMITTED TO TURNITIN.COM! ABSOLUTELY NO PLAGIARISM!