1. Identify a specific country to analyze your brand Dunkin Donoughts entry into
- First identify the countries your mentor marketer does business in. Or did. Check out the corporate website. Or the latest annual report.
- Then search your brand in business periodicals such as Forbes in conjunction with country names or terms like â€œforeignâ€ or â€œinternational.â€ See which markets have been written about and select one.
2. Research your chosen market to answer these questions:
- When did your mentor marketer enter this foreign market?
- What specific challenges did entering this market present? (e.g., cultural norms, language barriers, local competition, government regulations, economic conditions, etc.). Identify at least three.
- What changes were made to the marketing formula in entering this market? What other changes were needed? Cite at least three examples, linking each one to a marketing “p.” You can repeat “Ps” more than once.
- How successful was the entry into this market? Is the brand still in the market?
3. Identify and create proper APA citations for 3+ different sources.
- Try to explore different types of sources (periodicals, videos, annual report, etc.). Tap the Forbes archive and other Ashford University resources as needed.
- As you will be creating a podcast, in-line citations are not required, but you will need to document your sources.
4. Script (or at least outline) for your podcast.
- Be sure to introduce yourself and identify your mentor marketer and the relevant market before answering the questions above.