Step one is to open the Week 10 Assignment 2 tab and read the requirements for this assignment. Next, return to this tab and download the Worksheet above to start preparing your staffing plan. This is simply a copy of the staffing plan requirements broken down into managable segments to help you to organize your research. The requirements on this worksheet match with the Template, which is also provided. Use the Worksheet below to organize your research notes from our text, conduct research on the Internet, and record your all of your notes. You can organize your notes in each section to ensure you are providing an accurate staffing plan, which is supported by quality references. Remember, at this point, you need to use references to not only provide accurate information but also to add support and strength to your plan. When we present information in business, it is important to demonstrate that we’re not just presenting our opinions. References add this strength to our plan. Whenever you present thoughts or ideas obtained from an outside source, cite that source to demonstrate that the points are supported by experts in this field.
Using the scenario from Assignment 1, write a six to seven (6-7) page paper in which you:
- Identify three (3) job requirements (e.g., needed certifications, previous work experience, external influences, etc.) that could apply to your chosen scenario. Determine two (2) ways these requirements could impact staffing at your organization. Next, suggest one (1) strategy that you could utilize to ensure that all applicants meet the identified job requirements for your organization. Justify your response.
- Outline a long-term recruitment plan that contains at least four (4) components, is aligned with your companyâ€™s recruitment strategy, but also addresses possible job skill or credential shortages. Note: Consider concepts such as succession planning and hiring retirees.
- Describe three (3) branding strategies that you would employ to attract qualified applicants to your organization. Next, suggest three (3) communication methods that you would utilize to reach out to applicants. Predict the outcome of integrating your branding strategies and communication methods at your organization. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine two (2) selection processes for recruiting new employees that could apply to your chosen scenario and then identify five (5) selection criteria that you could use when hiring new employees. Next, analyze the effect of the five (5) identified selection criteria on long-term employee retention and preservation of organizational knowledge. Justify your response.
- Suggest two (2) assessment methods that you could employ to select new employees for your organization and then analyze the validity and reliability of each method in regards to the job your organization is offering. Next, identify four (4) job predictors that you believe can assess candidatesâ€™ knowledge, skills, abilities, and other skills and experiences (KSAOâ€™s). Provide support for your rationale.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.