Select an organization (MONSANTO) that operates internationally but which has had controversy or widely-recognized problems. For example, Wal-Mart has expanded into China only to find that Wal-Mart products were not wanted; Shell Oil continues to battle allegations of benefiting from corrupt political bodies in foreign locations; and the United Nations has been criticized for its ineffectiveness in war-torn countries.
Your Portfolio Project will be a position paper of 9-10 pages, not including the reference and title pages, that includes an examination of the following:
- The management issues.
- A description of the theories that apply to the international management of the organization and the handling of the specific issues.
- A substantiated opinion regarding the organizationâ€™s management of the issues. In other words, has the organizational management been effective in its facilitation of the organizationâ€™s position in the global landscape? Why or why not?
- Given the future of international management, include thoughts on how management can prepare to deal with or conclude the issues.
Your project should adhere to the following standards:
- Include at least four academic references (in addition to your text or other required reading materials), preferably from the CSU-Global Library.
- Review the grading rubric in the Module 8 folder.
- Be sure to follow the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.