Transcribe a 15-minute conversation between a health care provider and a client using the sample format below:
- Label your responses with the specific type of communication used.
- Identify these responses as being therapeutic or non-therapeutic.
- It is expected that this paper will be 3 pages in length (not including the title page), double-spaced. Your paper should include an introduction that describes the setting and your client, and a conclusion of what you learned from the experience. The bulk of this paper will not require citations. At least one APA citation should be included to identify source material that supports your conclusion.
Guidelines for the Assignment
- You may use a conversation that you had with a client or one that you observed. Choose a conversation that occurred naturally in the course of your work day or during a clinical experience. Maintain confidentially by using only initials.
- Do not mechanically record your conversation or write it down word-for-word as it occurs; this can be distracting and change the nature of the communication. Recall the conversation after the fact, as best as you can.
- You may be creative in your source material. You may use a conversation you had quite some time ago. You may have to re-invent part of the conversation if you can’t recall some portions.
- You may also combine two or more conversations or two or more clients if you don’t have a good example of one long conversation with one person.
- DON’T edit your responses to sound more therapeutic. DO suggest areas for improvement in your conclusion. SAMPLE FORMAT BELOW.