DAT500N Fall 2019
1. Due date: 6:00pm, Thursday, December 12th, 2019.
2. Between Excel and Python. You have the option to build and solve your optimization model in either python or in Excel spreadsheet. However, you should use Excel
for at most three problems of your choice, and use python for other problems. If Excel
is used for more than three problems, then 30% of the points of the problem will be
• A summary file:
(a) For each problem, provide a clear definition of your decision variables, a description of your objective function, and constraints. Mathematical formulation is strongly recommended. Formulation in words is OK, too.
(b) For each problem, clearly present the optimal solutions and optimal objective
• Excel files or ipynb files separately for each problem. Please name them
using problem number, e.g., P1 ,P2, P3, P4, P5.
4. All files should be submitted on Canvas. Clear presentation of your logic and
your results is important. Points will be given to the clarity of the model presentation.
5. Academic Integrity: This exam must be an individual effort: your solutions must
reflect only your individual work. Submitting your solutions to this exam implies
that you adhere to Olin’s Academic Code of Conduct and Olin’s Code of Professional