Below is the assignment and here is the attachment eth125_r8_transcript_Income Inequality_Race.doc
Associate Program Material
Racial Diversity in Society Worksheet
Part I (5 points)
Complete the following using the MySocLab Social Explorer Map: Income Inequality by Race (located onthe student website) as a reference: (above)
· Select 1 racial group from the list below:
o African American
o Asian American
o Arab American
o Hispanic American/Latino
· Write a 150-200 word summary of the economic, social, and political standings of that group. Use additional resources if necessary, from the University Library or your textbooks.Provide citations for all the sources you use.
Part II (15 points)
Answer the following questions in one cohesive and organized essay. Provide citations for all the sources you use (APA style). Word Count: 250-350 words total
· Define how race is a social construcion and how this contributes to racism.
· How do racial groups interact in contemporary America? Are interactions positive, negative, or neutral? Support your response using proper citations.
· Are there existing social inequities based on race? Why or why not?
· What do you believe to be the causes of racial prejudice and discrimination in today’s society?