Grace needs you to provide information from 8 of the following 12 areas of discussion: 3-4 pages. min 3 refrences
- Give a definition of victimology.
- What is the history of victimology, and how has it developed?
- Explain how it is different from criminology, sociology, or psychology.
- Who established the first safe houses for battered women? Where and when were these safe houses established?
- Who established the first rape crisis centers? Where and when were these centers established?
- How has the Civil Rights movement contributed to antidiscrimination efforts and the establishment of hate crime legislation and policy?
- What role have children’s rights groups played in highlighting the problems that child victims face in the criminal justice system?
- Which organizations might she contact that provide specific advocacy for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, and homicide?
- What services are not provided by government crime compensation programs?
- Explain the need for all states to require mandatory reporting by religious organizations of child abuse by clergy.
- How can the media be used to affect change in states that do not yet require mandatory reporting?
- Research the clergy abuse in a state of your choice, and answer the following:
- If mandatory reporting exists, how long has this been a requirement? What organizations are involved in tracking and helping the victims with this type of abuse?
- If mandatory reporting does not exist, what alternative processes exist for reporting clergy abuse?