Imagine you are a European immigrant to America, trying to adapt to the new life you sought. You want to share your experiences with your family back home so they will better understand.
Choose a country of origin and religious tradition:
· Country of origin
· Religious tradition
o Other Protestant
o No religious tradition
Write a 700- to 1,050-word first-person description of your experiences as an immigrant to America in the late 19th or early 20th century. The description should take the form of a journal entry, autobiography, or diary.
Include descriptions of the following:
· The political, social, or economic factors that precipitated your migration
· The journey across the ocean, including sleeping accommodations and available food
· Ellis Island
· The city you settle in and why
· The racist attitudes of some Americans
· Tenement housing
· Factory conditions, hours worked, and pay
· The status your children eventually achieve
Format references consistent with APA guidelines.