Week 4 Case Studies
- Describe: What additional information is needed to clarify what problems may exist, and what changes may be needed in terms of shared data between the institutions?
- Examine: Can the EHR system currently being installed be used to share data between these institutions more effectively and securely? If yes, how would this be done?
- Compile: In your position as Chief Health Informatics Specialist, how would you go about determining whether there are other potential security issues that now need to be managed by the hospital?
- Describe: Assume you are the leader of the KM effort. Where would you start to improve the user experience?
- Examine: Pharmacists supporting the ICUs are asking for your help to improve their situation (their user experience) because they are forced to use nonintegrated systems. What methods would you use to examine the issue?
- Compile: The institution is in the process of purchasing new physiologic monitors for their step-down unit. Describe how usability should be incorporated as part of the purchasing process. Design a brief usability test to support the purchasing process.
For each case study, your paper should be two to three pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. In addition to the textbook, utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources per study to support your points. Cite and reference your sources in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- You need to complete two of the case studies.
- Submit one file with both case studies.
- Each case study response should be 2 to 3 pages each.
- In addition to the textbook, utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources per study to support your points.
- Your focus should be the response to the case study questions. Do not repeat the case study scenario nor define terms. Develop your response to the case study.
- You need to read the textbook to grasp the key concepts before you respond to the case study. Read every line of the case study; your response needs to focus on the case study questions.
- Here is the book: Nelson, R., & Staggers, N. (2014). Health informatics an interprofessional approach. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby.