Identify an issue that involves federalism, then conduct research on how both the US federal government and Texas state government addressing it (this requires examining the history, application and e
Identify an issue that involves federalism, then conduct research on how both the US federal government and Texas state government addressing it (this requires examining the history, application and effectiveness of laws at both levels).
Pick one of the following topics:
- Women’s rights and funding for family planning
- Women’s rights and access to abortion services
- Public education policy and funding
- Public education policy and Common Core
- Environmental policy and air pollution
- Environmental policy and hydraulic fracking
- Affordable Care Act and Medicaid funding
- Joint law enforcement efforts to combat drug trafficking
- Joint law enforcement efforts to combat human trafficking
- Texas Voter ID Law and the Voting Rights Act (1965)
- POINTS TO BE INCLUDED
- An introduction and brief overview of the policy relationship.
- What are the major issues facing each level of government?
- What are the reasons for initiating changes to the policy?
- What are the options to be considered (discuss several)?
- What are the pros and cons of each potential reform (costs v. benefits)?
- Which is the best option moving forward (pick one)?
- A summary and conclusion.
Your task will be to prepare a formal research paper regarding the selected policy. The assignment is to be around 5-6 pages with in-text citations for your research. The minimum writing requirement is a 1000 of your own words or around 3 pages of a word document (excluding the cited information). The essay is to discuss each of the following prompts: