Why are our senses no more or no less acute or sensitive than they are
This discussion asks you to consider how you would perceive the world if your senses were more acute or sensitive than they actually are. Please answer the following questions and comment on your peers answers as well:
1. List a few things you would see, that you cannot see now, if your sense of vision were “better.”
2. List a few things you would hear, that you cannot hear now, if you could hear “better.”
3. If your other senses—taste and smell—were more sensitive, how might you be affected?
4. Why are our senses no more or no less acute or sensitive than they are?
5. If human beings continue to be urban creatures for the next few million years, in what ways might our sensory systems evolve or change?