Write a 1000-word essay for the following questions and please cite each reference:
- Have you visited any locations that would qualify as sacred places? Would you consider your experience to be sacred? If so, what made those locations sacred? If not, explain why. (Pompeii)
- Do you have sacred objects in your home, such as a dream catcher, a shrine or altar, prayer candles, or clothing worn for practicing rituals? If so, do you treat these items differently than your other possessions? Explain why. (Rosary from Rome)
- Please do summary of the “Historical Background” section of The Iliad (Greece) in the “Greece and Rome” chapter of World Mythology.
- Please do summary of the “Gassiere’s Lute” (Ghana) in the “Africa” chapter of World Mythology.
- Please do summary of Sacred Places. U.S. News & World Report, 00415537, 11/26/2007, Vol. 143, Issue 19