Assignment 1: Strategy and Performance Management at DSM
Due Week 3 and worth 150 points
Read the case study titled â€œStrategy and Performance Management at DSMâ€ located in the XanEdu case pack (Link Below)
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Using the stages from the performance management process, suggest the key processes that DSM needs to provide within its system in order to successfully link its key success factors (KSF). (Note: See Exhibit 4.) Provide a rationale for your suggestions.
- Select three (3) drivers, and examine the central manner in which DSM management has aligned its business strategies to performance measurement.
- Critique or defend DSMâ€™s competitive advantage by using three (3) of the six (6) assessment points from the textbook. Justify your response.
- Use two (2) external sources to support your responses. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Summarize the components of performance management processes and systems.
- Evaluate how the performance management system aligns with organizational goals.
- Assess the effectiveness of performance management programs and policies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in performance management.
- Write clearly and concisely about performance management using proper writing mechanics.